Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday Teaser

Well, my head may still be pounding but I think the worst of that summer bug has passed now; hooray! Now I'm behind again...gah. This morning I began A Wrinkle In Time; it's one of those I kept meaning to read when I was a kid, and just somehow never got around to it. No time like the present, is there?

Here's the tease; it's from a discussion between Mrs. Who, Mrs. Which, Mrs. Whatsit, and Charles, Calvin and Meg, of the abstract principle "tesseract":

" 'Well, the fifth dimension's a tesseract. You add that to the other four dimensions and you can travel through space without having to go the long way around. In other words, to put it into Euclid, or old-fashioned plane geometry, a straight line is not the shortest distance between two points.'"A Wrinkle In Time by Madeline L'Engle
 

Last week's TCE story still pending; I didn't do much writing this weekend. Didn't do much of anything. Lol. Except moan and groan and complain. Ha! True though.

If anyone has good recommendations for ballet books (preferably about the art itself, or biographies), please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment