Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Uh Oh, Spaghetti-O's

It's hot.

Whew. It's very hot.

And apparently the heat has addled my brain. I just signed up for NANOWRIMO. [EDIT: For those of you who don't know, NANOWRIMO is an international write-a-novel-in-a-month event. See this link for details: http://www.nanowrimo.org/ ]

When it gets this hot this early in the year, and I am bound and determined that I don't need air conditioning, I spend all day with the curtains drawn tight against the sun, drinking my coffee over ice. I am sure to wear a skirt so that I can catch the breeze of the fan.

Errr--perhaps that was TMI. On my legs, people--not anywhere else!

Anyway, I'm blaming my momentary lapse of sanity on the aforementioned stimuli. Do I have a plot? No. Do I have a main character? No. A bad guy? No. A theme? A genre? An idea of any shape or form?

No, no, and no.

What do I have? Zest. Say it with me: ZEST.

Great word, isn't it? Maybe that will be the title. Who knows. And to that tiny little voice in the back of my skull hissing you don't have the time, and you don't have the cahones, I shall repeat that great word, over and over and over and over until I finally finish said yet-unimagined novel.

To those of you who cross these pages who've participated in NANOWRIMO, thoughts? Suggestions? Links? Am I insanely ahead-of-schedule, or hit-the-ground-running-behind on research and development? I'm already feeling jumped-up and nervy about it, ha!

To bring it full circle, it really is hot in here. Lol. If I'm lying I'm dying.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jes ~ I've never done NANOWRIMO , but I've heard and read about it on different blogs .
    Seems like quite a daunting challenge ... but definitely a way to go , in getting a good head start on that elusive novel ...
    Go for it & all the best !
    (I'll simply plod along with my WIP ...)
    ~MISH~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've known about it for years but never bothered... I did the 3-Day Novel a few yaers back, it was positively terrifying! But I loved it, even though the novel was total crap. Output-wise, 30 days is a molehill in comparison, but still..I've no idea what to write, lol. Wups.

    ReplyDelete