Saturday, March 19, 2011

Tuesday isn't a slut, it's a tease

*laughing at my own joke*

Welcome to The Glass Bubble's introduction of the Tuesday Teaser. Technically it's hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading, but I wouldn't know because I haven't stopped by there yet. I got too excited, and came back here to do my own.

I've seen this referenced on a number of writing blogs--I've been stalking the Internet looking for new writing forums and whatnot--and the concept is both fun and simple: Pick up whatever book you are reading, open it, and then use two sentences from anywhere on that page as your "teasers."  Name the book and author, that way people coming across your page who like the teaser will be able to get the book.

As you can tell, this must be done on Tuesday. So we're going to pretend that I have a time machine. Close your eyes. Are they closed? Good. Okay. Now the room around your computer and the room around my computer begin to shift and spin, and I grab for the gear shift (yes, a gear shift now exists to the right of my mouse) and push the shifter into "Engage" as I simultaneously configure the dashboard (because there's one of those now, too) to Tuesday, March 15, 2011.

$#$&^%&$(*&$%^#%$&(*^#$^$

Bam! We're there!

So here's the Tuesday Teaser:


"The girls, and this Wang Lung heard with stout anger, were sold, the prettiest first, for the price they could bring, but even the last one, who was pock-marked, was sold for a handful of pence to a soldier who was passing through to battle."  and "'Thus it is with gods who do evil to men!'"--The Good Earth, by Pearl Buck

[that's what I was reading last Tuesday, I believe.]

Now hold onto your computer chair because we're going back! Engage~Present!

&*(*&%$#%#*&^(%&)%$^@$#&*&*

Yes, so there's the Tuesday Teaser for last week. Stay tuned for next week's Tuesday Teaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment