Tuesday, August 2, 2011

NANOWRIMO Prepping

So begins my planning for NANOWRIMO. I scrapped all the other ideas I mentioned (my favorite I ended up using for JUNOWRIMO), but came up with a new one today...One that will work, if I give it enough of a chance. I don't want to tell you too much, because I'm still not sure of it at all, and I don't want to spoil it. You know how it is...

That aside, here's my very vague, very tentative schedule:

August
Research & Development~~ Settle on thesis, characters, location(s), time span and etc. Dig, dig, dig until I've read everythign about anything I need.

September
Character Sketches, Plot, Settting(s) ~~ Just what it sounds like. Lots and lots of background writing during this time. At this point I shall have a daily schedule.

October
Fine Tuning ~~ Outline, scene-by-scene layout, attention to tone, theme, format, voice, etc. Try to cover all my bases, so to speak

That's all I've got so far. Any of you doing NANO this year? If so, do you have a plan? If you do, may I please steal it? -------->>>Just kidding. Kinda...

No comments:

Post a Comment