Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tuesday Teaser

Almost forgot! This week's tease is from Too Much Happiness, a collection of short stories. Here we go...

"When I told Charlene about her we had gotten into the deeper reaches of our conversation--that conversation which seems to only have been broken when we swam or slept. Verna was not so solid an offering, not so vividly repulsive, as Charlene's brother's pumping pimpled bum, and I remember saying that she was awful in a way that I could not describe." --from "Child's Play"  by Alice Munro

5 comments:

  1. I am such a fan of Alice Munro. Always nice to read her work and laughed out loud at the pumping pimpled bum line!
    Happy A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd not read her before this last week and I'm really enjoying the short stories! And yeah, the line is classic. Happy A to Z to you as well!--Will have mine posted soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post on a short-story a-z challenge.
    My B is at GAC a-z

    ReplyDelete
  4. I there. Dropping by from the A-Z. Havent heard of child's play but I must check it out!
    Great A-Z post!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting Excerpt! I'll have to check it out. Hope you'll join us on the A to Z challenge. Found you on the list and the name kind of drew me here.

    *~MAJK~*
    Safireblade.com
    A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete