Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday Teaser

It's that time of the week again, and this go-round I've been digging into some D. H. Lawrence. Since it's poetry, the tease I'll post will be two stanzas, rather than two sentences or lines. Because two sentences or lines just wouldn't be enough!


Drumroll, please...


"The night turns slowly round,
Swift trains go by in a rush of light;
Slow trains steal past.
This train beats anxiously, outward bound.

But I am not here.
I am away, beyond the scope of this turning;
There, where the pivot is, the axis
of all this gear."
                              --"Going Back" by D. H. Lawrence

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Always enjoy a good verse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any Lawrence...until now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed it, Pat! --Poetry teasers are particularly gut-wrenching since I usually have to break the quote in a "really good spot," but this fit nicely. :)

    That's two then I've posted you haven't read, Trish! You like either of 'em (Dillard or Lawrence, I mean)? Feel free to recommend reads to me, btw. Hint, hint!

    ReplyDelete