Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tuesday Teaser

Well, I've only just started the book; I'm still on the first page even, but I liked it from the very first line. Am I going to tell you the first line? Nope. 'Cuz I'm mean like that.

Instead, you get a random teaser, somewhere mid-bookish:

"Snowman has a clear image of his mother – of Jimmy’s mother – sitting at the kitchen table, still in her bathrobe when he came home from school for his lunch. She would have a cup of coffee in front of her, untouched; she would be looking out the window and smoking."--Margaret Atwood, Oryx and Crake.

Happy reading, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great book. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I will--I've only read a couple of hers, but I loved them both (in that awful, uncomfortable sort of way, with The Handmaiden's Tale, lol); I wanted to read The Blind Assassin but they didn't have it so I picked up this one instead. Have you read The Blind Assassin as well?

    ReplyDelete